




A lot of stuff has happened recently! Nick and Eric are now 4 months old and 3 days, woohoo! My mom flew back home, and on the same night Nicholas got very sick. We ended up taking him to the emergency room around 7 pm on tuesday night, because he couldn't keep any food down at all. I was worried about him getting to dehydrated, and hungry. We left Eric here, and while we were at the hospital, he too began throwing up all of his food. Awesome, right?Poor Nicholas! They first tried to take blood from his arm...which didn't work, but they poked him there, and so then they tried the other arm and that didn't work either, so then they jabbed him in the foot. They had to massage his heal over and over squeezing out all the blood they could into a vial and it seemed like it took forever and a lot of sad crying. Nick was a trooper though, and the worst was yet to come.
They decided that they wanted an x-ray of his chest. I had no idea what an ordeal x-raying a baby was! I was practically crying as they strapped him into this plastic tube with his arms over his head. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen.
In the end it's a good thing they did that, because they noticed that he actually had a little bit of pneumonia starting. So I'm glad we caught it now. They had to give him a big shot in his thigh and of course he cried some more, but with medicine he's ok :) Eric seems to be fine, but I have a good hunch that he has started teething. Which makes him very fussy sometimes, like this morning when he was starving, but he wouldn't take the bottle.
The happy news is that last night Eric rolled over onto his stomach all by himself! He gets closer to sitting up by himself every day! what can i say? genius babies!
1 comment:
Oh! I had no idea about your babies being sick! poor little Nicholas! Call and tell me how he is now. PS---I knew Eric would roll over at any moment.
Post a Comment