Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Long time no nothin'

Seriously a ton has been going on! The reason the blog has gone in the toilet lately is that I need another gate. So the children can go watch little einsteins, yet I can hear them in there so when they do things (like a few weeks ago when they knocked over the whole fish tank...yep. no more fish) I can hear it. When they are sleeping I'm still pretty busy taking care of the wreckage they leave in their path and folding laundry (i thought dishes were lame, i've decided that they are gross, but doable and that folding laundry and putting it away is the bane of my existence.) So yeah, I have a trazillion pictures so without further adieu:

Independence Day!
We went over to Ryan's Uncle Tim's and it was pretty awesome. Lots of just sitting around talking and eating tons of good food. Nick and Eric stayed up WAAAAY past bedtime, and became very sleepy looking and out of it by the time fireworks happened. However, before they got exhausted they played in Aunt Carols fountain and got soaking wet, cried a lot (A LOT) over a big dog that wasn't scary and they pretty much just roamed around doing whatever they pleased. Ryan and I agree that it is nice that they are reaching this age of more independence (and what a day to explore it right?) where as long as there are many eyes about to see their comings and goings we don't really have to chase them around like crazy, wishing we had cages...er...play yards i mean. Anywho, in Utah fireworks really don't get too exciting but the neighbors had some really good illegal ones, and some of ours were pretty cool too.

Then suddenly the 10th was upon us and somebody turned 8 months old. Who could it be?
Oh Liam! It's you! Of course now you are well on your way to 9 months and quite an accomplished one at that. You say "Da da" especially if we are talking about dad, or you see dad in real life, or even a picture of Dad. We are too quickly reaching that age of "Mom is only good for food, or when I want to cuddle, but Dad is for playing, dad is sooo much more awesome than you." It's ok though, you're still so dang cute that anything you do is amazing. Like this, your new trick.
Huh?
Ohhhhhh you must mean this!
Ya know, pulling up to the couch by myself. Easy peasy.
Don't you DARE grow up. I'm warning you. Oh and...I got a haircut just the other day, those are my bangs. yeah. My hair is thin...like really thin, for once in my life. It's odd, but nice! Anywho back to business.

Somewhere in here I should mention that a while ago Ryan got promoted. With the promotion came money. Much appreciated money. Of course he isn't home ever, but that's the way it goes. Unlike SMART people, instead of saving every penny of this good stuff...we have chosen to be a little frivolous and buy some rewards. Don't worry, we pay rent like 2-3 months in advance, we're good. Anywho, so Ryan had this itchin' feeling for a new movie. Transformers. But you wouldn't want to watch such a movie on our crappy little 19" tv would you? So we got a new one.It's pretty exciting! We can watch things in HD now, and let me tell you...golf is much improved by it. Yes, have pity on me...I have to actually watch golf.

Then July 13th came. Not only did Nick and Eric become 22 months...but I turned 24. I'm truly not very excited about it...but I was pretty excited for the celebrating and gifts that followed. I think I want to be 24 forever. Next year I'm not telling anybody how old I am...people will start to forget and it will all be a mystery. oooooooo. Anyways, Ryan took me on a date! Carrabba's of course and a movie. Then he bought a Wii (I should mention this was NOT for me. Although it was my fault for mentioning that "someday" we should get a wii.) Also, we found a kitten wandering around looking sad, lonely and starved and RYAN, not me, RYAN gave him to me for my birthday...however Nick and Eric were not very nice to the cat. We named him Deron Williams, or..D.Will, and I tried to make the best of it. But after having to hide him from the maintenance man and realizing that no amoung of punishment or pleading would stop the twins from yanking on his tail or poking his eyes, I sucked up my tears and turned him over to the Animal Shelter. If nobody adopts him I will go back and get him, because I loved him and he was seriously a very good cat. He never bit ANY of them and cuddled with Liam every night and the 2 of them bonded nicely. I'm very torn on this subject and bawled my eyes out about it the night after I dropped him off. I called today and they said that they do a "temperment test" where they play kinda rough with him to see if he gets bitey scratchy and if he doesn't then they put him up for adoption...however if he fails they kill him. Of course that isn't exactly how they put it...but basically yeah. If anybody in Utah wants an adorable kitty go to the shelter in Lindon and adopt him PLEASE. (i'm totally serious) They don't have a set number of days they keep an animal, it's based on how full the shelter is. I'm going to be checking on this...hopefully he's adopted!

Now back to birthday stuff...My real present for my birthday is a sewing machine...I haven't gotten it yet, because I want to go look at them myself. I can FINALLY make us a new bedspread and get rid of the teepee that Ryan thinks is the BEST BLANKET EVER. This is a pic of the blanket...with babies on it...so you get the idea...and plus...awwwwwww look how little they were!!!!The inlaws threw me a birthday dinner and got me Dr. Pepper, Pringles and a giftcard to Wal-Mart. All very good things...and let's not forget that my mother in law made me CHEESECAKE!!! My favorite!!!!

The only other news is that August is coming! With good things all her own. I'm going to be going to Idaho for a few days with my parents and seeing the sibs and my nieces and nephews. It will be tons of fun, and I think the longest I have been away from Ryan since we were dating. Kinda of nuts. Then after that is our 3rd anniversary!

Love you all and hope that everything is well for you!

2 comments:

mom said...

Love those beautiful boys! Can't believe how Liam is standing and looks more and more like a BOY and not a baby! Will talked to Karalie the other day, and they can't wait to see all of you either. Just a week!!

mom said...

P.S. I feel for you and the kitty dilemma. Hope he goes to a good home. He looks sooo sweet and cuddly. Dante would eat him for lunch.