Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Easter...

Our Easter was a series of ups and downs. The ups being bow ties, candy, and an easter egg hunt and the main down being that we are basically being evicted! Woohoo!








 On Saturday we dyed eggs and it was a blast, followed up with lots of deviled eggs.
 Thank you Gramma Annette for the Easter Baskets!
They made some beautiful artwork with crayolas sick joke on parents "mess free painting!" Also, I would like to point out Liam's chocolate beard. I should also thank the Dollar Tree for providing 98% of the Easter loot.  Before church I got the kids all looking dapper and took some pics. After church a lady asked me if I made these bow ties and when I told her that I could have but just chose not to, she said, "Good for you! That's the way to do things." Lol, I don't think it's the thrifty way to do things but I figure it was an investment so I can figure out how to make my own now (crazy easy).




 It is a horrible plan to let your kids eat handfuls of jelly beans and chocolate eggs and then expect them to sit still in sacrament. It was one of those weeks spent mostly in the hall. Why do churches have those lamps with lion/door knocker type decorations on them? Nobody with little kids picked those out. The rings are just irresistible to the preschool set. They just clank it up and down and up and down....erg.

Anywho, we survived and I made some jello salad, a fruit salad, and cinnamon rolls. The ones that are in the tube from pillsbury, I'm not THAT susie homemakerish. When the kids woke up we headed over to Ryan's parents and ate delicious dinner and had some drama, followed by an egg hunt! The kids are getting a lot better at it so it was fun to hide the eggs in not so obvious of places. After that we let them do a spoon race.








 After all this excitement we started losing the kids to meltdowns from all the sugar and sleepiness kicking in. So we went home to find a note on our door telling us that our landlord rented out our apartment and we had thirty days to get the heck out. Yeah not even June 1st. May 24 we have to be out. Happy EASTER BLAHRG! Our landlord chooses to indirectly handle things like this all the time but I'd have to say this wins! Our contract was up the end of March, but he never said a word so we just paid for April and figured he would call, or you know...walk downstairs and tell us what his plans for us were. Nope. Note on the door while we are gone. Anyway, Ryan immediately started looking, and by the time I had gotten the kids in bed, he was on the phone with a landlord.  We should know by Saturday if we actually snag this place or not, but hopefully we do and then we don't have to keep looking. 30 days goes by pretty quick! I have already started the cleaning and packing process. I'm bummed about leaving the ward, but I'm ready for a dishwasher!

1 comment:

mom said...

so many memories of Easters past. Thanks for the photos, and keeping up traditions.