So you all deserve some update love. At my last appointment the doctor and I set up an induce date, just in case I should go overdue. I was hoping to just set it for my due date, the 7th, but it wasn't available. I could have set it for Halloween...but I didn't want to be that early, or have to do that to my kid, I mean I guess that would be a cool day to have a birthday, but I already have nick and eric's costumes, I don't want to have to get up early and pop out a kid and feel bad that I didn't get to spend time with my dressed up for Halloween kids! Anyways, if I haven't gone into labor by the 10th, I will be induced on that day. The doctor doesn't seem to think that I will go early at all. It was the same way last time I was pregnant, so I guess it's possible I could go overdue...bleck...i hope not!
The news of the day is that sometimes babies do really gross things, and you hope it all stays in their diaper, but sometimes...it doesn't. I had just taken a load of laundry out of the dryer, and I walk past Eric and I'm like, man...that is not a good smell, but I'm thinking, oh I'll just fold this laundry first. Seriously, when your choice is between putting your pillowcases back on and cleaning up poop, what would be your first pick? Anyway, I'm folding and what not and I'm noticing that the smell is getting much worse. Then I notice that Nick's foot has a brown substance all over it, and I start looking around my bedroom to discover blotches of poop EVERYWHERE. Somehow, Eric's diaper exploded or something, I don't even know, but poop left the diaper and Nick's foot found the poop and tracked it all over our bedroom. It was pretty gross and distressing! Everything is fine now, and luckily my husband cleans carpet for a living, and will be able to better handle the whole stain situation when he gets home from work. Needless to say it was very upsetting, but now that it's over I'm just kind of amazed and I don't really understand at all how it happened. I'm just glad that my visiting teacher brought me pumpkin bread and it's delicious.
3 comments:
Tee hee! Every mom has had a similar experience. Hope your pillowcases are sweet and fresh...
Holy smokes... Ya... poop is absolutely DISGUSTING. Doc said I could start Ashe on baby food and cereal and stuff and I'm like..."You mean her poop is gonna be grosser, thanks"
Anyways.... I can't believe your baby will be here so soon!!! Make sure you put up pics of those cute boys in their halloween costumes.
wow, poop everyhwere huh? kassi got poop on her arm on saturday and was pretty sad about it. the chemdry guys left a clipboard at my work, hope you guys are doing good.
Post a Comment