Sunday, March 15, 2009

So many things!

OK!

1. Dear sweet little Liam is now 4 months old as of the 10th! He still only rolls tummy to back, but is quite the pro! He is also surprisingly close to sitting on his own. Making him the earliest sitter of the 3! He sits there about 3 seconds and then starts tipping off to one side, or just folds right in half. Which he doesn't appreciate I might mention. He is excessively spitty and we just can not find the right formula for him. Next try is going to be Soy I think (ugh, nick was on soy for a bit...nastiest diapers EVER.) His loves are being carried around, sucking on his fingers, "talking" and looking at himself in the mirror.
2. Sad news. Our beloved (well...not so beloved anymore) Dr. Paxton in Spanish Fork...told us not to come anymore. True...it's our own fault, because we are admittedly flaky (I think we have darn good excuses!!! come on 3 kids??? planning around Ryan's work? can't we be forgiven?) Our last appointment was set at 9:15 (I think I was on crack that day when I set that lame appointment) and I spaced it until about 9 when I was like, dang it! Ryan, call the Dr! See if we can still come! Then the nurse there (she IS a grouchy nurse, always has been) told him that we were inconveniencing Dr. Paxton by rescheduling, or being late so often. Then Dr. Paxton gets on the phone and tells Ryan that maybe we should have a pediatrician closer to where we live, since he often cannot fill the missed appointments. To be honest I think that is the only one we have actually missed...we're usually just late.

3. Of course though there is sadder news than just being kicked out of our pediatricians list of clients. Again Medicaid decided to just mess with us. According to them we were sent a review in the mail. Well I haven't ever seen it, and since they didn't get a filled out review back, they just cancled our insurance and food stamps immediately. They say they sent us notification of this...but of course we didn't get that either. So how did we find out we had now food stamps? Oh, in the best way...in the line at the grocery store with like 200 dollars worth of groceries, already bagged and in carts, and 3 starving children ready to go home and eat lunch. OBVIOUSLY!!! So we payed for it (yay for tax returns!) ourselves, but there is a reason why this is pretty upsetting.

4. Winder Farms guarunteed Ryan a base pay on top of his commision...and it never kicked in. Weird...but we can't live off 400 bucks a month...bizzare, I know. So he gets a job at Stanley Steamer right before we leave for California. Well we get back, and he's supposed to start the next day. He calls them and finds out that they are still waiting for his background check from Utah County to come back. OH...and usually background checks come back RIGHT AWAY...except for when you have a CRIMINAL RECORD!!! 2 days later we find out that utah county put a ticket he got in 2005 for an expired registration as a MISDEMEANOR. Ridiculous. Then, (i can't say OF COURSE enough in this post) the trainer guy is out of town for a week. So now he can't start until Thursday. So we are living off the tax return...that we want to use for bills, debts, apartment deposits and first 3 months rent type of things. But we had to buy groceries! AAAAAAAA!

5. On the 13th boys turned 18 months! YAY! happy news! They are getting SO BIG. It's just crazy. Everyday they seem to be doing something new. Eric says about 2 dozen words that I can understand. Animal sounds are a favorite, and every now and then a new word pops out of his mouth and i'm like where did that come from! Nick is getting there...slowly, but I know it will kick in. We were reading that some kids get so focused on the running, climbing, destroying, exploring of it all that they kind of don't have room for all that word learning yet...so maybe that's him. He does run, climb, destroy and explore quite a bit. So here are some of there mad skillz yo:
NICK- He is finally starting to be a little more cuddly lovey type than just pull, bite, kick type. His interest in Liam has gone way up. I don't think he liked that new mom hog at first. He is now always smiling and pointing at Liam, and kisses him when you ask him too. Yesterday liam was laying down and Nick went over and layed down on top of him and kissed him. Luckily Liam is pretty tough...and didn't cry even though I'm sure Nick is kind of heavy. Ha ha. He hugs Eric...kind of rough, Eric usually falls down from these violent hugs, but doesn't seem to mind much. He says " Ein??" when little einsteins comes on, or we talk about it. He moos...even thought it sounds like "mmmmmmm....MMMMM!!!" and has moved from "DA DA" to "DAA DEE" I hardly ever get to hear "Mama" or "Mommy" unfair, since they see me the most. He loves all foods. Except apricots. He loves to sit and read stories, but he mainly like you to just chase him around the room, until you are completely exhausted. His new game is to run behind you, and you say, "Eric, where did Nicholas go? Do you see him? NICHOLAS!!! Nick, where are you!?" Then he runs out in front of you giggling. "Oh THERE you are!"

ERIC--
He is the very first to wake up. From naps, and in the morning. We open the door to their room and hear "HI! Hiiiii! Daddy!" immediatley. Yes...he says Daddy to me too. He is an avid TV watcher. They are fine without it on, but if you do turn it on and it's something he likes...he's gone. As you can see in the picture...he just finds a comfy place to sit and tunes out the rest of the world. He has mastered several animal sounds and names. "ooo ah ah" is monkey, "BAA!" for sheep. Anything that resembles a bird and is yellow is automatically a Duck, which sounds like "AAAACK!" He woofs at dogs and puppys, but from him it sounds more like "oo oo", which is also the sound for a train. When he hasn't quite got the hold of the "M" sound, so when he moos it sounds more like "BOOO!" He also doles out hugs and kisses gladly to anyone who wants them. A sweetheart to the core! His favorite book is still, "Brother Bear Loves Dinosaurs" (Ryan and I can recite it to you whenever you like) however there is an ABC book which seems to have caught his fancy lately. He dances and now he sings! When he first did this I about cried it was so adorable. Nick is starting to a bit, but since Eric is more verbal, it's a little more clear what is happening. Sometimes he even matches pitch! I should just call disney up right now! He makes up his own words and melodies, but if I ask him to sing with me, he chimes right in.

This summer with them is going to be really great! If it can just keep getting consistently warmer!!!!! Next post...pictures from Saturday's trip to the park!!!

Oh...and if anybody knows of a great pediatrician, a little farther north than SF, please let me know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

holy insanity!! Poor you! So, it looks like we'll be in Utah from the 21st to the 25th... sweet deal! We must hangout.

Kizzie said...

Wow. I'm sorry! I've never even heard of someone being asked to not come back the the ped! Crazies.
We go to Pediatric Care in Provo (greatpediatrics.com), and they're great. I'm late sometimes and they never care. We go to Dr. Zollo and love him. He's a no non sense kind of dr, and I like that.

Also, have you guys looked into the subsidized housing? You should totally do that. Even if you're living off $400/month (which certainly would blow!) you're rent would probably be virtually nothing! haprovo.com is the website with contact info for the provo office, if you don't want to live in Provo this is the website for the rest of Utah County http://www.co.utah.ut.us/Dept/Hauc/Index.asp

good luck figuring out all the medicaid/food stamp stuff! I think they do things like that on purpose!

Anonymous said...

oh my darling, you ARE being tested! Do not go hungry, you have a mother.