Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Big Kahuna of Posts---EASTER

I don't know whose bright idea it was to put Easter on Conference, but it totally screwed me up and I kept telling myself that Easter was not on the day that it was. Saturday night I dashed to Target to discover that it was a stupid place to go the night before Easter. However, I find Target has exceptional children's clothing (i kind of find that I think all childrens clothing anywhere to be exceptional...tee hee) and got some very cute Easter clothes and some really crappy candy. How do they not even have jelly beans...or anything remotely egg shaped. Oh and just as I asked my mom on the phone...WHY would somebody want to EAT a chocolate cross!?! Sure, draw one, hang one up, think about one, read about one...but eat it? If He got shot would people be eating chocolate guns? I'm sorry but the whole concept of eating a cross just weirds me the heck out. Done with ranting.



So let's backpedal....on Saturday (after Annette and Ally assured me that Easter was that Sunday) we decided to dye some eggs!



They found it to be very enjoyable even if none of them are fond of boiled eggs. Case in point...LIAM:



He's all, "Sure I'll try it...Are you kidding me? This belongs on the floor! Gross!"

Sunday we opened the blinds to see snow everywhere...Happy Easter! We got the kids all dressed up and then made salad and pineapple upside down cake while listening to Conference.

Then after the kids woke up from nap we headed on over to Ryan's parents for dinner and the indoor Egg Hunt. Nick had a bit of an accident during nap and so we had to take him out of the Easter clothes which was kinda sad, but he was still cute (duh).

So yeah, it was a good weekend and good food. Yay! I hope everybody else had a great Easter too!

No comments: