Friday, April 23, 2010

Not funny...well not for now.

I just spent an HOUR trying to figure out how to unlock Nick and Eric's door. Nick decided that yesterday would be the perfect day to learn how to escape from bed, oh and he also thought that while that was an accomplishment why not tackle more? No, he's not potty trained, are you kidding? No no no...their door has a lock on the INSIDE (really stupid, but since they couldn't get out of bed, who cared til now?) and he now knows how to lock it, but not unlock it...well, on command anyway. Yes it had a little hole on the other side of the doorknob...and I couldn't get it to unlock. So it's nap time, Liam is asleep in his room, Nicholas is laying on the floor by Eric's bed and they are giggling their heads off, and I can't get into their room so I'm in the hallway outside quietly trying to get Nick to follow instructions which was a dead end. Eventually I had to unscrew the doorknob from the door which I thought would solve everything. Apparently I don't know how doorknobs or locks work though and all it did was leave me confused with greasy fingers and tons more frustration. After poking at it and turning things and banging on it all while my 2 year olds laughed hysterically I eventually shoved a screwdriver down in there somewhere and managed to get it unlocked. I realized that I had no idea how to switch which side was the lock side and instead opted for a piece of duct tape over the entire doorknob on the inside. Anywho...all I can say was...that sucked. It sucked really bad.

The End.

4 comments:

annette said...

Poor Maren... You hould of called me, I don;t work my 2nd job on fridays. I could've come help you. I did try and call you to see if your phone was fixed,. Even tried to call Ryan. Sorry I couldn;t be there. Remember that we will be at Lagoon tomorrow. won't be able to have our weeky fun day. Luv u guys!! Maybe see you on Sunday.

annette said...

did u hear about Bret Michaels, Massive Brain Hemmorage :(

Unknown said...

(random reader)
wow. I remember those days. I have 3 boys close in age. I had to pry the locks on the doors a few times with the boys on the inside.... though stressful at the time, they do make good stories after enough years have passed....

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!