So last night...
I was trying to fall asleep and I just couldn't because my back just hurt so bad. Which is weird for me because I don't usually have issues like that. I also felt kind of nauseous because I made this very Christmasy decision to load up on crackers, summer sausage and a cheeseball last night...after a great pork dinner. Yum. I'm laying there with my sore back and upset tummy and I decide that I'll go to the bathroom and take some Excedrin. I take it and nothing happens, the back pain just stays and after a lot of tossing and turning I get to sleep...only to be awakened by Liam about one hour later. I feed him and get him back to bed and then it's back to tossing and turning again. I eventually start drifting back off to sleep and then suddenly I start feeling this sharp, horrible pain in my stomach. Seriously it was like the worst pain I'd ever felt, and I've had babies. So I'm having all this freakish pain from my stomach up to my chest and I figure I should probably let Ryan know. I wake him up and I panic a bit, and then he panics a lot, and then I start to really get worried and we decide to go to the Emergency Room.
There, after Ryan got mad at the length of time it took for them to get me checked in, I got poked and prodded and hooked up to an IV. I told Mike, the nurse, that my right arm is just not a good arm to get blood from...but he poked that arm anyway and proclaimed, "Man...why can't I get any blood out of your arm!?" So then I got to get poked in my left arm, and there was plenty of blood there...basically my right arm has no blood...it's an undead arm. Yep...I'm half zombie.
Then the doctor came in and jabbed around my stomach and informed us that I probably had a gall stone.
Yay!
So then I was sent home with pain meds and an appointment for a HIDA scan on Friday, which is basically a test needed to prove to a surgeon that my gall bladder sucks at life and he needs to take it out. Oh and if I don't get it taken out I get to drastically alter my diet for the rest of my life and it would basically consist of fruit...and fish...and that's it. If I choose to not eat within the boundaries of the diet...I get to go thru the awesome pain all over my torso again. But does the saga end!? Oh no...I go home and feel...ya know...ok, as great as I could feel...and then the pain comes back after eating a lunch that we thought was pretty consistent with this super lowfat, no leafy greens, diet. It turns out that I can't eat bread! Yep. No bread...oh and no ham. Not even lowfat ham. The best part of the day though was that they had me come back to the emergency room and *triumphant horns and timpanis play* they gave me a shot of morphine. Since that I have felt AWESOME. Ryan decided that while I was very loopy on the morphine, he would try to convince me I was dillusional and kept telling me that a bright green bandage was "blue, it's blue Maren, I swear!" Then when the doctor came in to tell me that I get to take narcotics now until my gall bladder is removed, he decided to agree and told me that it was "blue, definitely blue, sometimes morphine can do that to you!" Ugh...boys.
So I still have the scan on friday, and then hopefully sometime in the next couple weeks I can say bye bye to the stupid gall bladder and eat fat and leafy greens again. Little freaky that I was totally fine one day and the next I have to have one of my organs removed but...oh well, I just want it all to be over. Some Merry Christmas where I don't even get to eat my stocking candy!
Now after that long story...pictures!!!!
The only other news left is that it snowed A LOT here and it's gorgeous. I'll get pics up of that tomorrow maybe.
Love you all! Happy Holidays!
2 comments:
Sweetheart, sorry you need morphine to feel awesome two days before Christmas. Since it is December, I am CERTAIN the bandage was green. Maybe Ryan was just feeling a bit needy and blind....
It is all snowy and pretty here. We tried to go to the farm, looked in the gate and thought better of it--and then got stuck on the ice! Tomorrow we will have the traditional bread bowls and potato soup; the bowls came out really good this year. Tomorrow morning I will wrap their presents (including Carin's favorite: chocolate milk and bananas :) )and we will carol to some friends. The RS president mustn't forget anyone--I will do my best. I love you darling, and my prayers are extra special for you just now. Kisses.
P. S.
The pictures of the boys are so cute! And you are right about Nick reading the Santa book. I think I have to make that my desktop--although replacing the doggie hat desktop will be tough to do!
Try to have a Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment