Monday, December 29, 2008

Yay Surgery!

So Christmas was pretty good, the boys made out like bandits for sure thanks to our awesome family. However Christmas for me was pretty...meh. The Ostlers (our neighbors) were sweet and made some Divinity, which contains no fat, and brought some over to me. That way I actually did get some candy on Christmas. Ryan made me a special dinner, which was very good, but put me in tons of pain. I made it through the night and went in for my HIDA Scan on Friday morning. What they do is inject radioactive stuff into your veins, and it collects in your liver. After that it is supposed to fill up your gallbladder and move through into your intestines. About an hour after he injected it in my gallbladder still hadn't collected anything, which meant I had a complete obstruction. So the radiologist wanted to see another ultrasound and sent me to go get that done. The guy is looking all around and he calls the radiologist and says, "I don't see a stone, there is definitely some sludge in here, wait! This stone just flew out of nowhere!" So yeah a nice gallbladder stone was a culprit and the radiologist sent us over to the Emergency room and this really great doctor explained to me that not only was my gallbladder completely blocked off, my common bial duct also had a stone stuck in it so my liver and possibly my pancreas were not able to get rid of anything they needed too. Luckily they found that only my liver was having issues and my pancreas was fine. So then the surgeon came in and told me they were going to operate that day and take out my gallbladder and then if I for sure had a stone in the bial duct that would be removed in a different procedure.

So that give you a lay of the land basically. Anywho they took out the gallbladder and so now I have 4 little openings in different places on my abdomen. The next day they had me roll over onto my stomach and they put me to sleep and put a scope down my throat and removed the stone in the common duct. All in all it's been a great way to spend the holdiays ;)

I got home from the hospital yesterday, which has it's ups and downs. All my kids were happy to see me, which is nice, but I can't pick the twins up at all and my stamina is pretty much in the toilet. I still have to stick to a low fat diet for a while, but that never hurt anybody, and if I do eat something fatty at least I won't have a gallbladder attack and be doubled over in pain. It's a little stressful to be home and feel so out of control of things, I would be lying if I said a piece of me didn't wish I was still in the bed at the hospital, filling out crossword puzzles and doped up on morphine, however I did miss all my babies A LOT. Anyways, duty calls, I have to get Nick and Eric down for a nap. I have a few pictures of them from Christmas so I'll try to get those up soon. I love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering how you are doing--Does your VT know about your situation? For the time being, the boys can sleep wherever you don't have to lift them. Wish I were closer and could put you in your bed and take care of the kids myself. Love you.

BJ Scott said...

so sorry you are going through this... doesn't sound like a treat at all... no way to spend the holidays that for sure.

We will keep you in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Misty's momma