Monday, January 26, 2009

What can I say? All my kids are just cuter than yours! HA


He's a keeper!

Liam hanging out in Target.

Nicholas blasting off in the shopping cart.

Hello?

Just like mommy and daddy...plus a mullet.

ta-da!

Today was Liam's 2 month check up and here are the stats:

13 lbs 14 oz...yes...he is nearly 14 lbs, holy crap-80th percentile
24 inches long-70th percentile
26 centimeter head-80th percentile

big boy! but Dr. Paxton thought he was doing just awesome, said he was just so sociable and had a great smile...and I just had to agree. He really is the greatest 2 and a half month old we have. He sleeps through the night, he falls asleep on his own, he doesn't complain during tummy time...the only time he gets really fussy is when it's time to eat...yes...he OBVIOUSLY loves to eat. He cries so little, he has never cried during a bath..well except maybe the first one ever at the hospital, but that one hardly counts. Nick and Eric would scream their heads off the entire time at first, he just kicks his legs around and stares at everything and smiles at me...it's awesome. He is just awesome...yesssssssss!

Onto Nick and Eric, they have their 18 month check up coming in march, I'm excited! Eric is sooooooo talkative, as soon as he wakes up from nap I can hear him in the room going "Dad-Dee! Dad-Dee!" Before Sesame Street comes on, they always show an ad for Chick-Fil-A, which has a cow on it, and he Moos at the TV. He says "Die!" for Bye, and "Ho" for Hello. Easily his two favorite words are "uh-oh" and "HI!" Now as for Nick and speaking...he is basically a cave man, he points...he grunts, or if the binky is in his mouth (which it is ALWAYS) he will point and say "mmm...mmm" he says "da da" shrieks when he is very excited, and sometimes will go off in a string of "bah bah bah bah bah bah bah's" in all sorts of different speeds and tones. Despite the lack of vocabulary from him, I can tell he is ridiculously smart. He "blasts off" with the Little Einsteins, he sits and "reads" books, and delivers items to me when I ask for them...well if he isn't to busy destroying something that is. Eric has developed a favorite book, about Dinosaurs, and wants it read to him over...and over...and over...and over again. They both love Goodnight Moon, and Eric meows at the picture of the kittens in it. Nicks favorite book...is unfortunately annoying to read...it's called "Our Kind of Bird" it's basically a book where Grover explains to Big Bird how kind Big Bird is, and eventually Big Bird says lamely "I like being kind, because being kind makes me a good friend!" Ugh...the Cookie Monster book about patience is so much better...why can't he love that one!? Besides...I think I would rather have a mean patient kid than in impatient kind one...maybe. Anyways, all of the childrens are just doing great and they constantly amaze me...and sometimes they are so cool that I don't always feel like pulling my hair out.

As for US...we hate medicaid...we love it, we need it...but we still hate it. Today for Liam's appointment I go to Spanish Fork...Dr. Paxton is worth the drive, in the snow, and the nurse tells me that Medicaid isn't covering us for THIS month? WHAT!? So I call Ryan and he says he will call me back. Meanwhile the nurse keeps giving me the evil eye and finally says, "Mrs. Meldrum, you either need to self pay (75 flippin dollars) or reschedule, you are holding up other peoples appointments." Which was kind of a stupid thing to say because at that exact moment there was only ONE other person in the waiting room with me. So I call Ryan again and he wouldn't answer, and I called him another 50 thousand times and he never answered, and I eventually just paid for it, because it is tricky enough getting outside and all the way to spanish fork, and Ryan coming home early from work to watch Nick and Eric...and yeah. Then after I get out of the doctors visit, the grouchy nurse informs me that she WAS going to reimburse me the money because Ryan had finally called back and told her that medicaid was faxing over copies of the card...but of course medicaid DIDN'T and so now we have to wait for the clinic to get copies, and then they have to bill medicaid and then after that, she can reimburse us...laaaaame. I get home and Ryan explains that Medicaid had some kind of glitch and canceled ALL of our coverage for me and all 3 kids for a little while. Great huh? I had been wondering why I was getting bills for all sorts of things, when I had insurance...turns out...I didn't...of course they don't let us know or anything...ridiculous. It's all worked out now...but seriously...do they have brains down there?

It's a busy week, today was the doctor and the RS Prez coming over. Wednesday Visiting Teachers, Thursday is WIC and the Bishopric meeting with us, and sometime during the insanity I have to clean things, I'm pretty sure I have to do laundry every day now. It seems like when I don't it starts to just swallow us alive.

2 comments:

Ms. Nally said...

Your kids are WAY cuter than my non-existent babies. Dr. Pepper....good taste already. :D

The room with all of the 18 months (give or take) kids was one of my favorite rooms to be in when I was working at the infant center. That and the twos. So many major milestones around that age. The walking and talking...they just seem a lot more aware of what's going on around them.

Jeni said...

So, I must admit... your kids ARE cuter than mine... for now. But it WILL stay like that for a while! I'm NOT getting preggo immediately. Honestly, I'm a geezer so I can't wait too long!! hahaha... but I refuse to be pregnant until after graduation... true, that's just until December but whatever... we'll see what happens!