Monday, November 16, 2009

Busy Weekend!

On Saturday we went to JcPenneys and got pictures taken of the boys. That was an event in and of itself but I think we got some really good pictures of them despite some tears and wiggles and the strong desire of Liam's to have his hand or really...about anything he picks up in his mouth. After that we walked around the mall a bit, saw Santa, but decided not to get in line and wait to see him and then headed to Liams haircut appointment. That's right! His first haircut and stupidly I forgot to save his hair...my brain was in too many different places. Of course I took pictures though!


Before:

During:


After:
He's a cutey! Every morning I forget and when I get him out of bed I'm like, who is this child!?

On sunday evening we celebrated his first birthday! Do you know how you get a funky looking cake? Well you ask your husband if you can buy a yummy carrot cake from Costco and he says, why don't you just make a cake, and then about 5 minutes before you make a cake he says, you know why don't we just buy one? Then it's too late to get one made special at that point and you have to get one with carrots all over the top. But hey, it tastes good and Liam didn't care.





The only problem with his birthday is that there isn't much he needs. Due to Nick and Eric we have tons of clothes, books and toys and of course since the gifts are new and exciting he merely gets to glance at them and then Nick and Eric snatch it away and play with it. Sharing isn't one of their strong suits...lucky for us, Liam doesn't seem to mind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for carrot cake and cute babies!

Love the hair cut. And miss your face.

I still say you should move here.

mom said...

My door is too full of cute pictures. I am going to have to update the whole display. The boys are turning into MEN! well, not quite, but they sure are growing up fast and I need some face time with them. Wish you were here, especially to help me decorate the new house for the holidays, and to snuggle with the kids around the fire!