Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Magic of White Noise



My husband sleeps with a fan blowing on us EVERY NIGHT. If he could, he would keep the window in our room open year round. He's basically crazy. Anyway, Liam of course is in our room, but out of the way of the blowing fan. We also have a space heater...because I'm normal, and get cold. Liam has a little machine in his crib that plays water noises and has little fish floating in it. So combined with the heater, water thingy and fan, he sleeps around LOTS of white noise. Which I hear is good, but I don't think much about it.

Today, just moments ago, I was getting Nick and Eric down for their nap. I put them in their cribs (after singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider, the song that cues"GO TO SLEEP...NOW!") and turn off the light and turn a little fan on high. Not only is a white noise for them, it also helps block out any other sounds from the house, so they sleep much longer. Meanwhile, Liam is tired, and his binky is in another room, so he is choosing to handle this frustration by screaming his face off. However I have to get the twins to sleep, so I just let him freak out on the floor while I get them in their beds. I turn on the fan and, chimes please, he magically and instantly quits crying, closes his eyes, and was asleep.

So everyone cross your fingers that he will always be that easy! Thanks!

P.S. I deserve a round of applause because I succesfully executed a bath of all 3 of them, and fresh clothes all around in less than 45 minutes, all by myself. Yessss!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are AMAZING!! White noise works for me too. Adorable kid pix too. I need to hold Liam for awhile, soon.

Kizzie said...

Andy sleeps with out window air conditioner on every night! I guess he doesn't realize it's JANUARY!! It gets so cold!!

I always have a fan on when the boys are sleeping, just so they can't hear the tv or me doing dishes or whatever.

Unknown said...

White noise has never really worked for Gideon. He just does whatever the crap he feels like no matter what I attempt. He's very much his father's son...

Jeni said...

You are a super star! Oh, and the whole hitch comment... so very you. I don't know if it's good or bad but you.